Thursday, August 30, 2007

Arrival

After a 10.5 hour flight that I spent watching crap movies and reading about the Guggenheims, I landed in Kansai Airport, about 45 minutes south of Osaka.

Ken met me at the airport. This time he was wearing purple suede shoes with silver stripes. I secretly have a competition with Ken over who has the coolest shoes. Purple suede with silver stripes! He's clearly taken the lead. Luckily, I already had shoe shopping on my agenda for the coming weekend.

We took care of some business at the airport and then took the train back to town. I was hauling four bags, including a huge bike box, so I was glad that there were elevators everywhere.

We went to the compartment that will be my home for the next 20 days. It's literally a box you live inside. I'll post some pictures of it soon.

We then went to the nearby department store and then stopped for cheap sushi at the one of the places with the little moving plates. It was 110 円 a plate. There was pineapple on some of the plates for desert. It was crap sushi, but better than any of the crap sushi in Vancouver.

After Ken left, I went home and put together my bike. I wanted to go for a ride but it's hot and muggy and I'm exhausted.

3 comments:

Aiyana Kane said...

I wanna see some pictures of that apartment. Also, let's see some shots from the shoe stores. I bet they have way better shoes there than here. Cooler, brighter, weirder.

Aiyana Kane said...

P.S. That's a great blog name! I personally LOVE it. It's got a great ring to it.

Barbara Kane said...

Yes - show some shots from the shoe stores - especially of particularly colorful shoes.
Cooler, brighter and weirder, too.