Wednesday, April 16, 2008

The Osaka History Museum (大阪歴史博物館)

The other day I met a guy named KSK riding a purple Vivalo on the quad of the Osaka History Museum near my place. KSK keeps a blog on some aspects of the bike scene in Osaka. Both liking purple bikes, we naturally hit it off and he told me to come by on Tuesday, when a bunch of guys hang out on the quad and practice tricks.


Actually, I'd seen them before, but the few times I had tried going by was no one there. Also, since I didn't know anyone, and my Japanese is such shit, I felt a bit weird about just showing up. But I had gotten by fine meeting KSK in Japanese, he invited me and then my other friend Ryouzou wrote me that he was also going.

It turned out to be cool. Everyone was chill, my Japanese was good enough to talk about bikes and make conversation about basic stuff, and I did my first weelie. Out of about 50 times getting the bike fully riding on one wheel, I was only stay up for about 10 feet at best. On the bright side, I also didn't fall down. Not that night.

1 comment:

KSK said...

It was happy for Ride to do together last night.
I hope to Ride together again!
Thank you for coming.